The Level 1 Remote Trainer (RT1) course is a comprehensive introduction program to the methods and techniques of utilising the remote trainer for multiple purposes.
This 1-day program is designed for persons looking for a formal training in the effective & humne use of remote training electronic collars. This program does not focus on one specific area, instead it teaches the basic principles and processses.
The program covers a diverse range of topics including:
- E-Collar Controls & Fitting
- Initial Conditioning to the E-Collar
- Using the Collar as a Remote Training Device
- Using Vibration & Audible Mode to Cue Behaviour
- Using The Collar To Consolidate & Strengthen Already Learnt Behaviours
- Correcting Performance Problem In Obedience
- Correcting & Managing Unwanted & Problem Behaviour
Our training programs are designed for those persons that are looking for the best education in dog training and behaviour modification available. We have world-class facilities and use the most modern & effective training methods.
Course instructors include some of the world’s leading experts on dog behaviour, breeding and training. You will also learn directly from highly experienced Law Enforcement and detection agency trainers, ensuring you get real-time training, not just the theory!
There are no specific prerequisites required for this course however, a basic undestanding of operant conditioning and the principles of behaviour modification will greatly assist your learning during this program. If you do not have any prior learning in this area, we highly recommend reading our manual: The Principles of Behaviour Modification (An Introductory Guide for Dog Trainers). This manual will be provided free of charge when you register for the RT1 Course.
Any background you have in dog training or behaviour management will be of great benefit. Some basic pre-reading material will be provided prior to commencement.
If you would like to get further information about this training program, please contact us.
Upcoming dates for this course
4th April 2020 (Saturday)
The information above relates to our Level 1 Scent Detection Course. For those persons who have completed this program or have the equivalent relevant industry experience, we offer a range of more advanced and specialised training programs.
As with all our training programs, these courses can be designed and customised to meet agency/organisational requirements.
If you require further information about advanced or specialist training programs, please contact us to discuss your needs.
- Our expectation is that you speak, read and write English. If English is not your first language, we would require an IELTS score of a minimum of 6.5. If you are concerned about your English language competency, please contact us to discuss your options.
- Due to the highly practical nature of our courses, persons with significant physical disabilities may not be able to participate. We have had people in wheelchairs attend our courses, where they can observe and learn the material, but not necessarily participate in the practical activities.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course or refuse an application at our discretion.